About this Opportunity:
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the Claims Coordinator is responsible for managing and following up on claims from ONE customers. Acting as a Liaison with clients and insurance companies, they work to mediate successful outcomes and claim closures. In addition, the Claims Coordinator administers the Peace Hills Glass program for ONE.
- Ensures that all applicable details of a loss are submitted to the insurance company at the time a loss is reported.
- Follows up with the customer initially once the loss has been reported.
- Stays in close contact with the customer, adjuster and insurance company claims department as necessary throughout the cycle of the claim.
- Files incoming documentation from clients and underwriters, guidance and feedback to colleagues to keep documentation organized.
- Tracks receipt of documentation by mail or phone to ensure operational excellence and to maintain ongoing and professional communication with insurers, clients, and underwriters to ensure that client and insurer-related materials are catalogued, distributed, and readily available to the team.
- Distributes new claims notifications and updates to the team in order to ensure information shared is consistent and clear.
- Responsible for providing detailed documentation of the claim within EPIC, including all correspondence, necessary contact information (adjuster, client contacts, vendor contacts), reserves, payouts, and closing of claim.
- Provides guidance to mitigate potential difficult situations by working with the client and adjuster to make sure timelines are observed and followed, response times are reasonable and that the customer receives fair treatment in the settlement of their claim.
- Maintains regular communication with the customer after the claim has concluded to gather feedback which can be used to improve service from One Insurance, adjusters and insurance companies provide regular reports to Executive of claims activity.
- Assist on E&O claims with Vice President, Operations and other Executive Team members.
- Provide information or reports with respect to claim trends and/or loss ratios.
- Maintain relationships with insurance company adjusters, claim managers, third party adjusters, and restoration companies.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Minimum level two (2) insurance licence required.
- Experience using Applied Epic, or other insurance software, or insurance company portals is required.
- Experience working with multiple different lines of insurance (auto, personal lines, commercial lines, or farm lines) would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated excellence in accuracy and multi-tasking under tight time frames and heavy workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making capabilities as well as strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a desire for continuous learning.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Please apply with cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com