Off-Road Vehicle Insurance
If you’re taking your ATV or snowmobile out for a ride you want to be confident that you have proper insurance coverage.
Our exclusive ORV insurance policy provides you with superior coverage at a fraction of the cost of other providers.
BSI Insurance offers a unique off-road vehicle program that specifically covers snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) for physical damage including fire, theft, vandalism, and collision. Our coverage differs from the general policy available through Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) in that we can provide Guaranteed Replacement Cost on brand new machines whereas their policy does not include this coverage. In addition, no vehicle inspection is required and you get your choice of deductibles.
Some of the coverage highlights include:
- Replacement Cost Endorsement on brand new snowmobiles
- 15% discount for riders that are 50 years of age or over
- 10% safe rider discount for snowmobiles only (if Snopass is purchased and rider is claim-free / traffic conviction free)
Our underwriting guidelines are:
- No vehicle inspection required
- Annual policy providing coverage during the riding season and off season with 100% retained premium
- Your choice of deductible: $1000, $750, $500
- Replacement Cost Endorsement as per wording and rating
- Coverage is on All Perils form (excluding liability insurance) and is subject to the applicable deductible as well as the depreciated value at time of loss
- Pro-rata cancellation if unit is traded in and a new one added (bill of sale must be provided)
- Short-rate cancellation if unit is sold (bill of sale must be provided)
- Minimum of at least 90% of the unit’s depreciated value must be insured
- Includes breaking through ice and sinking in muskeg
- Includes up to $1000 for salvage recovery costs
- Includes up to $2000 for accessories
- Surcharges may apply for previous traffic convictions of claims
- Application can be submitted online with a credit card payment; no coverage is in effect without payment in full and approval of your BSI insurance broker